Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dr Oz Show October 8, 2009

As the show I appeared on, gets closer to airing, I have been reflecting on my journey. When the producers first contacted me in June 2009, things have transpired a great deal for me. I know I am not the same person from 90 days ago. With the help of the Doctor Oz show, I have been able to reveal some things that I have not addressed for thirty years. I am starting to understand the eating disorder that plagues my soul. All I can say is wow, I never knew it would open so many doors. With the show about to air in less than twenty-fours hours, I have a little apprehension of how I will appear to the general public. Maybe some will be confused or disgusted by my secretive eating habits, for others a relief that they are not alone. But most importantly, I am not alone in my stuggle to recovery. In the beginning, I worried about all of that. Now, I know I am few steps closer to regaining my life. I hope with me coming forward and telling the world, I can help someone else who struggles everyday like myself. Along this journey, I have alot of people to thank. To my mother, who was honest and upfront about her own struggles. To my sister, who is hand in hand with me on this journey and I support her as well. To my children, who thank god don't have my disorder. Most importantly thank you to Judith Banker (founder)of the Center for Eating Disorders in Ann Arbor, Michgan. You have given me a gift that I could not even imagine giving myself. To the producers of Dr. Oz., Allie - who is as cute as button. Cathy, I know we are sisters from another mother. You rock girl. Dan Durkin - You are hot!!! oops I mean a very nice looking gentlemen tehetehe. I enjoyed the adventure. Most graditude to Dr. Mehmet Oz, probably the only human on earth who gets the right to out me on National TV. Wow. Now it is up to me to change my life and make a difference. I appreciate the tools and the support. Bottom line it's up to me. I am confident that I will succeed. “You only ever grow as a human being if you’re outside your comfort zone.” – Percy Ceru

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I removed my own comment by mistake ...lol

    I wrote about you on my blog today, and was very happy to see you posted a comment with a link to your blog to follow you on your journey -- Thankyou!
    I would like to say that you are awesome, and you have a hard road ahead of you. Be strong when you can, and don't give up when you fall, get right back at it like it was day one all over again, get stubborn and move forward like a trooper.

    I will look forward to updates on how your doing, and so will the friends that follow my blog.

    dailyhealthweb.blogspot.com

    All The Best To You Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I look forward to blogging about my journey to inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in tears during your whole segment. You are not alone! Keep blogging. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say and how your journey progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, Thanks for joining my blog. There are so many binge eaters and I hope my blog will help someone gain control of their life...like I did.

    ReplyDelete